My work has always involved change.
Whether that is enabling change in organisations or change in individuals.
I started off doing research around grant funding for innovation, then went into software development, then business and cultural change.
I’ve worked with public, private and charity sector clients delivering organisation wide change programmes, serving as interim manager, and coaching for leaders. A career with technology as its foundation, evolving to include business improvement and cultural change to delivering lasting impact.
Now I focus on supporting organisations to develop strategies for change, coaching the individuals who will make it happen and developing future leaders through my lecturing work at the Open University.
I’ve had the privilege to work with a wide range of clients since I set up Semaphora, here’s some examples.
- Associate lecturer in strategy, leadership, creativity and change with the Open University, as well as an author in project management for the Open University/Future Learn online learning course.
- Change consulting, coaching, research and leadership development for clients including Essentic, BT, The Storytellers, Vodafone, CIPD, HR Wallingford, British Computer Society IT Service Management Forum and Henley Business School
- Change Management for ERP change in Cheshire councils
- Agile Change Consulting, BT
- Interim Head of Change Management Centre of Excellence, IT Da Vinci Transformation, BT
- Interim Data Transformation Lead at BT delivering new operating models
- Interim Head of Client Service at Imparta improving how customers are served and the environment for staff
- Transformation Programme Manager for AVDC changing culture and growing a commercial mindset
- Interim CEO for Speakers Trust, public speaking charity, helping young people find their voices
- Digital Programme Strategy Manager, for Gloucestershire County Council, developing a change strategy for the digital future
- Transformation & Programme Delivery Manager for Hoople, helping a team in trouble to find their feet in a new organisation
I am currently working on a Doctorate with Ashridge Business School, carrying out practitioner action research into self inquiry and self development. I am finding that the approach I take here is something that I can bring into my work – developing ourselves and using collaborative ways to discover and transform together.
I’m also a volunteer leader in Toastmasters International. I’ve led this global organisation’s change management working group looking at how we can improve how we deliver change. I’ve served on the international leadership committee which evaluates prospective board members for election. I’ve also led and supporting 4,000 members in 150 speakers clubs in the UK. Everything I learn about leadership and communications in Toastmasters gets poured back into the change consulting, coaching and research services I deliver.
If you would like to discuss how I can help, please get in touch.