My work has always involved delivering change in some way. I started off doing research around grant funding for innovation, then went into software development, then business and cultural change. Now I do all of these, as well as developing people along the way. I’ve worked in the public, private and charity sectors – a career with technology as its foundation, evolving to include business improvement and cultural change to delivering lasting impact.
I’m Irish and recently moved to Cardiff after many years of living in England. I am loving the green and watery spaces of Cardiff and am very glad to have moved here!
I’ve had the privilege to work with a wide range of clients since I set up Semaphora, here’s some examples.
- Change consulting, coaching, research and leadership development for clients including Essentic, BT, The Storytellers, Vodafone, CIPD, HR Wallingford, British Computer Society IT Service Management Forum and Henley Business School
- Associate lecturer in project management with the Open University
- Agile Change Consulting, BT
- Interim Head of Change Management Centre of Excellence, IT Da Vinci Transformation, BT
- Interim Data Transformation Lead at BT delivering new operating models
- Interim Head of Client Service at Imparta improving how customers are served and the environment for staff
- Transformation Programme Manager for AVDC changing culture and growing a commercial mindset
- Interim CEO for Speakers Trust, public speaking charity, helping young people find their voices
- Digital Programme Strategy Manager, for Gloucestershire County Council, developing a change strategy for the digital future
- Transformation & Programme Delivery Manager for Hoople, helping a team in trouble to find their feet in a new organisation
I am currently working on a Doctorate with Ashridge Business School, carrying out practitioner action research into personal and organisational transformation using human centred methods. I am finding that the approach I take here is something that I can bring into my work – using collaborative ways to discover and transform together.
I’m also a volunteer leader in Toastmasters International. This which has involved leading and supporting 4,000 members in 150 speakers clubs in the UK and now being part of the International Leadership Committee evaluating prospective board members to serve our 350,000 members all over the world. Everything I learn about leadership and communications in Toastmasters gets poured back into the change consulting, coaching and research services I deliver.
If you would like to discuss how I can help, please get in touch.